list is not to be used for any commercial purpose, nor
purposes other than contacts for research.
updated August 20, 2002
If you would like to join the Gilbreth Network, please
email David Ferguson for more information at email@example.com .
If you are a member and your information here is
incorrect, please email David Ferguson with your updated
Or, please click
here for a membership form that you can print out and
Return to the Gilbreth Network home
|Included here are active members
of the Gilbreth Network. The information is listed as
Name, Title/Affiliation, E-Mail, Area
of Interest in the Gilbreths
After the member list, there is a list of
organizations of interest to Gilbreth researchers and
their contact information.
- Ph.D. candidate, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Interest: All aspects of Gilbreths' work
- Engineering/industrial consultant; also, graduate
student in industrial engineering at Addis Abeba
- Interests: Motion study, ergonomivs, and
- Safety Representative, Saturn automobile plant,
Spring Hill, Tenn.
- Interested in the Gilbreth management philosophy.
- Assoc. Prof. History -- University of Toronto
- Interested in use of photography and film through
Dr. Jerry Davis
- Research Assistant Professor -- Auburn University
- Teaches Work Measurement
Dr. Patrick G. Dempsey
- Researcher, Liberty Mutual Research Center for
Safety and Health
- Interest: Motion Study, fatigue, adapting work
areas to humans--from current research. Writing
Michael De Blasio
- Interest: Gilbreth Construction and the
Gilbreths' early, construction-related books.
Gerrit De Vrü
- Engineering trainer/consultant with KPMG
Consulting in the Netherlands. Secretary of the
Dutch Council of Work-Factor.
- Interest: Lillian M. Gilbreth with emphasis on
psychology. Current research; writing thesis.
David S. Ferguson
- CSP, Network Coordinator
- Interest: All aspects, current research, writing
- Communications and Development Coordinator,
School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue
- Interest: Liaison between the Gilbreth Network
and Purdue School of Industrial Engineering.
- Recent Graduate, Longmeadow High, Longmeadow, MA
- Interested in applying what Gilbreths have taught
him, to his career.
Ben B. Graham
- President, The Ben Graham Corp
- His company teaches "work
simplification" based on the work of the
- Project manager, U. S. Air Force
- Interest: analyzing work methods to reduce
personal fatigue and work delay
Dr. Laurel Graham
- Assistant Professor, University of South Florida
- Interest: All, but especially Lillian's work in
years 1924-35: extension of management principles
into home, child care, department stores and
consumer culture. Has written article and book.
Regina A. Greenwood
- Lecturer, GMI Engineering and Management
- Interest: General interest in the Gilbreths from
current research and related to job--writing
Mary Ann Buschka Hainthaler
- Ph.D. candidate, University of Delaware
- Interested in Lillian and Homemaking. Writing
Dr. Jane Lancaster
- C-Four, Pendleton, SC
- Interest: motion & time study, methods
- Graduate Student, Purdue University
- Interest: Photographs/Labor Relations. From
current research, working on thesis
Jose Dias Lopes
- Ph.D. candidate, Instituto Superior de Gestao
Bancaria, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Interest: Gilbreth management philosophy
- Interest: Work with the disabled, Life of Frank
and Lillian, Time and Motion Studies. For
Mary B. McCleary
- Director, Community Education, Lexington College
- Interest: Lillian's work on Home Management for
personal interest, article and related to work.
Dr. Gerald Nadler
- IBM Chair Emeritus in Eng. Management, University
of Southern California
- Interest: Management philosophy, work study and
life of Lillian Gilbreth. Personal interest and
- American Education Services
- Interest in the Gilbreths: promoting personal
growth--applicable to work adn daily activities.
Writing an article.
John L. Naman
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Interest: Life of Frank and Lillian. Writing
Michael L. Parish
- Director of Performance Engineering, Providence
Services, Seattle, WA
- Interest: all phases, especially healthcare
related work. Interest from personal interest,
related to job, conducting current research.
- Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering
- Interest: Management philosophy, motion study,
John T. Schulz
- Lean Implementation Facilitator--Homaco, Inc.
- Interested in using therbligs and motion study to
help improve his own company's operations.
Dr. Roger O. Smith
- Faculty in rehabilitation/health sciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Interested in: Historical development of IE and Gilbreth contributions
related to people with disabilities.
Nathaniel L. Spunt
Randall J. Steger
- Principal, Systems Technology Group, Ltd.
- Interest: Life of Lillian Gilbreth and Frank
Gilbreth. Writing article/book.
James S. Perkins
- Perkins Associates
- Interest: All aspects
Brij B. Singh
- President, Business Solutions Consulting, Hixson,
- Interest: Work simplification consulting. Writing
W. J. Thomas, Jr.
- Consulting Engineer, Star Industrial Engineering
- Interest: Work measurement and methods
Prof. Sandor Vajna
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Computer Applications in
Mechanical Engineering, Magdeburg University,
- Interest: Knowledge acquisition, application and
distribution (e.g. in Field System). Related to
Sandeep H. Wankhade
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical
Engineering, SSGM College of Engineering, India
- Interest: Motion study
Dr. Daniel A. Wren
- David Ross Boyd Professor of Management
- Price College of Business, Unversity of Oklahoma
- Interest: General, management
Organizations and Contacts
- Three Park Avenue
- New York, NY 10016
- (212) 591-7722
Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Lisa Zaken
- Engineering and Management Press
- 25 Technology Park/Atlanta
- Norcross, GA 30092-2988
- Rebecca Fry (IE Department Contact)
- 1287 Grisom Hall
- Purdue University
- West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Tel. (765) 494-0827
- FAX (765) 494-1299
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purdue University Library
- Ms. Katherine M. Markee
- Special Collections
- Purdue University Libraries
- West Lafayette, IN 47907