|The Gilbreth Network|
[Home] [The Quest index] [Biography] [Books] [Links] [Photos] [Members] [Join] [Guestbook] [Bulletin Board] [Contact us]
of the most frequent questions we receive at the Gilbreth
"How can I find a video copy of the movies Cheaper by the Dozen and Belles on Their Toes?"
First off, these titles are no longer in print, so they are not easy to come by. Here are suggestions we have received for how to find copies:
1) Check your local video store. These titles are getting harder to find in rental stores, but it is worth checking, especially if your local video store specializes in classic films.
2) Check your local library, and if you have one nearby, a college library. These family-friendly films might be stocked at libraries that rent videos. Because they go hand-in-hand with the books, some college libraries might have a copy for their Education Department students to see, since the books are often part of school curricula.
3) Keep an eye on the cable TV stations, American Movie Classics and Turner Classic Movies. AMC shows both Gilbreth movies every once in a while. You can even check their web site to see if either movie (or any movie you like) will be airing in the near future on AMC. Go to http://www.amctv.com .
4) 20th Century Fox video was the company that released the movies on video. It might be worth writing and pleading them to print more copies. You can write to them at:
20th Century Fox
5) Check the internet auction sites, such as Ebay, Amazon, and Yahoo. Frequently you can find copies of the films for sale. We do not sell them and do not endorse any seller. The prices are usually high as people bid them up. Also, they are not always original copies, sometimes they are copies of an original, so be careful.
6) Remember that we do not endorse any video seller. We at the Gilbreth Network have no personal knowledge of this seller, but he has been recommended by one of our members. The seller is Mike Le Bell and he has a video sales business and frequently sells on Ebay. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire about the price and availability of the movies.
Happy hunting and good luck!